August 14, 2019
We use deodorant and antiperspirants on our body everyday!
NEVER FORGET TO READ YOUR INGREDIENT LABELS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE FROM THESE HARMFUL INGREDIENTS.
- Aluminum Compounds Aluminum is the ingredient in antiperspirants that clogs your pores and prevents sweating and therefor trapping toxins in our body. Some sources say aluminum exposure has been linked with the development of Alzheimer’s disease and interferes with your estrogen levels and increasing risk for breast and prostrate cancer. While definite answers for this may be hard to find, we do know one thing: Aluminum clogs pores and that isn’t healthy.
- Parabens This chemical is used in a lot of products these days as a preservative, but it is possibly one of the most harmful additives of all. Sometimes parabens act as estrogen in your body, which disrupts hormonal balances and has been linked to breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- Steareths These additives are the product of ethoxylation (weakening of harsh chemical in the manufacturing process), which simultaneously produces carcinogens and dioxanes.
- Triclosan The FDA has classified triclosan as a pesticide, yet it is in the majority of brand name deodorants. It’s used to kill bacteria in the manufacturing process, as well as when it comes in contact with your skin. When triclosan is combined with water it can also create a carcinogenic gas called chloroform.
- Propylene Glycol If used everyday, this chemical can cause damage to your central nervous system, heart and liver. It is also shown to irritate skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. Propylene glycol can be harmful at as small a percentage as 2%, yet deodorants generally have a high dose of 50% propylene glycol.
- TEA and DEA Triethanolamine (TEA) and diethanolamine (DEA) are chemicals can seep into your skin and affect your liver and kidneys. In fact, they’re so harmful that these two chemicals have already been banned from products in Europe because they are known carcinogens.
- Artificial Colors Some artificial colors and bleaches in deodorants can cause serious allergic reactions and are also known carcinogens.
- Fragrance Almost every scented product has “fragrance” or “perfume” listed among its ingredients. And it’s impossible to know just what chemicals are concealed by those seemingly benign terms because scents are protected under trade law. It could be phthalates, or it could be substances that cause allergies or skin irritation. Here at For Plants Sake we say no to chemical ingredients that may harm us or make us sick, and you should too. We also believe in reading ingredient labels before you buy. That’s why we create simple products made of natural and safe ingredients. We take the time to do the research and inform our customers on the products they use, and provide alternative and healthier options.
We do it because we care! Help us create a healthier community by sharing our posts and liking our Facebook page!